February 18, 2008

Where's The PLANT???




So my darling husband has had this plant for 9 or more years. It is his BABY, he totally loves it! I think he might love it a little more than me. SO you can only imagine how much I love the plant. (I don't love it at all!!) but, being the good wife that I am I have learned to accept the plant. Even allowing it to be displayed in my home. Now you have to understand that the plant is over 35 feet long. I am not exaggerating here! For those of you who have been to my house you know, it takes up a short wall and two-thirds of a long wall and then it is doubling back on itself. This plant was HUGE!!! It has survived 2 moves, one all the way from Utah. So you can imagine my surprise when a couple of weeks ago my darling husband gets out the scissors and starts to give this plant a Hair Cut!! And imagine even more my surprise when I am the one being sad about this haircut and He is just fine!!


And here is the new and improved plant. He took off over 30 feet. It took over 2 garbage bags full to take all the leaves out to the garbage. I think it looks much better, but it is AMAZING how bare my walls are now!

3 comments:

Allyson said...

I love that plant!! i remember seeingit sitting on the piano (afte the hair cut) and couldn't believe it was the same plant!!

Sarah Bogh said...

oh wow!! your house wont be that same without that plant, i think we have all been amazed at both the size of that plant and the love you have for your husband to deal with it. :) just kidding! i thought it was really cool - my brother has the same kind of plant its crazy how those things grow!!

Emily said...

I had noticed the plant - in all it's length, but had no idea how old it was!! I can't believe that's the same plant. Crazy!