July 07, 2010

My Little Wolf






Roo was a Little Wolf this year, and at first I was like "WHAT???" a cheerleader in 2nd grade? You have to be kidding me! BUT, I am so glad she made it. She had so much fun and learned so much. It really allowed her true beauty to come out. They were able to march in the Martin Luther King parade in Downtown Las Vegas. Being the very supportive mom that I am all the kids and I went to see her. It was CRAZY!! to say the very least. First of all it is Old downtown Las Vegas so it is SCARY!! I think there was like 50 cops just for this little parade. And then because it is a Martin Luther King parade there were so many African Americans. We were for sure the Minority. So here I am with my VERY VERY white kids smack dab in the middle of a lot of Blacks. It was so great! It rained the whole parade and we were all just trying to stay dry. At one point Dots was under someone elses umbrella. It was so much fun and for sure a great memory. At the end of the school year they had one more performance called a showcase. Roo got to be the caller for the cheer and it was so CUTE. It brought tears to my eyes, and her dads! She was great. Thanks Roo for being such a great Little Wolf.

No comments: