September 28, 2008

First Day of School

I love the first day of school. I loved it as a little girl, as a teenager, as a teacher and now as a Mom. There is so much excitement associated with it. I took a ton of pictures, but these are my favorite. I can not believe that I have a High Schooler, a Middle Schooler, and a First Grader. If Allison and her family were not here Sumo and I would be very lonely all day!!!



Sumo was not getting enough attention, it was not his special day, so of course he had to cry.


Here we get a smile out of him. He just wanted some ALONE time.
Waiting for the bus! They were so excited to go we were waiting for a LONG time!

Finally the bus arrives! Matthew and Roo are the first in line.

Where are they???

Of course mom had to follow them to school and take more pictures on the playground. I think they were trying to hide.

Oh look at how cute they are. All ready to learn!! (So I am a terrible mom, only one or two pictures of Dots and NONE of B-Daw. I guess this is what happens when you get older. )

3 comments:

Lynds said...

Hey! It was good to hear from you. Looks like your family is doing wonderful. We are in Salt Lake City, and will hear in Jan if Todd got any acceptace letters to Oral Surgery residencies in the US. So we are here for now. We found out that we are having another girl, so Jaisa and this one (who is due in Jan) will only be 2 months apart, and yes - we are crazy!

Christa said...

Ahhh...back to school time is the most wonderful time of the year. I couldn't say that when I was a kid, but now that I'm a mom I can. My kids can't stand that I get so happy and excited for them to go back.

By the way, I'm really happy to have found someone from way back when. I'm adding you to my Reader and will be actively stalking you from now on. :0)

Anonymous said...

Amy,
I love all the pictures. I especially love that you got on the bus to take some and then followed the bus to school and even got in the classroom to take some pictures there - impressive. What a great mom! How fun for them to go to school with their cousins. I hope they are adjusting to their new school and are liking it. I know sometimes that is hard especially when you get older.

We miss you guys!